Tuesday 9 October 2012

Day 30: Food Drive

Our Ultimate Frisbee league is holding a food drive for The Food Bank of Waterloo Region. There's a competition between the teams to bring in the most food (by weight).


Nothing different about this food drive, same as usual right? As I was thinking about what to grab off my shelf, I realized I have never gone shopping for a food drive before. I just take what I have at home (often something I don't want to eat... I'm guilty, I admit it). So today, I have a a grocery list of things for the Food Drive.

I went to their website and found their most needed food items:
  1. Canned Meat & Fish
  2. Peanut Butter
  3. Beans in Sauce
  4. Rice
  5. Cold Cereal
  6. Canned Fruit
  7. Macaroni & Cheese
  8. Canned Stew & Chili
  9. Canned Vegetables
  10. Fruit & Veggie Juice
Please consider giving to your local food bank. Just one way we can pay-it-forward. I'm thankful for the access I have to food and now I can make this happen for someone else. Actually shopping for the food drive was a fun experience :)

No comments:

Post a Comment